Job Marketplace Redesign
What does it do?
Techloop is a web job marketplace that matches IT professionals with hiring companies.
Increasing the number of relevant IT professionals that register to the platform by at least 20%, to decrease the company's average cost per user.
User experience, user interface, visual design, motion design, development, prototyping, competitor analysis, user interviews, user testing.
Techloop contacted me to work together on the redesign of their apps, and improve the experience for their users.
By that time, the app was functional, but there was a lot of manual work behind it, and regardless of the effort everyone was putting into the product, they were still disappointed when it came to the number of relevant registered users.
I started my journey by doing a competitor analysis, some internal interviews, and user research that will allow me to understand the market, its users and what Techloop's employees thought about the product.
Because of this, I realized there were three main critical issues about the app:
- User cognitive-load: the sign up process had 9 steps, many of which were required to proceed to the next one.
- Anonymity: who wants to be found looking for a job by your current employer? Nobody. The problem here was the app didn't explain this closure in any way.
- Jargon: the copywriting was bringing too many questions to the users, which resulted in confused people leaving the site.
I don't recall anyone asking for a product that is not clear, uses complex vocabulary and also consumes a lot of time. So we definitely agreed these were problems that needed to be solved.
After sketching my initial concepts and discussing a few alternatives with stakeholders, I presented the following upgrades:
- Base at least 70% of the UI on selections.
- Add a progress bar to the registration.
- Make copywriting clear and concise.
- Determine what should be the required information while balancing Candidates and Companies needs.
- Remove optional inputs.
- Add visual feedback.
- Apply standard accessibility principles.
The redesign effectively reached the project's goal by increasing the number of relevant registered users. It also helped on the customer acquisition cost, lowering it from 60 to 24 EUR.